Microsoft is trying to sweeten the deal for those that pick up Gears of War Judgement with a download token for the original Gears. It’s a nice way of saying thanks for being a long time fan and also makes one wonder if Judgement isn’t the most complete of packages. We’ll find out this March as Judgement seems to be the 360’s swansong into the next-generation.
PS3 and Xbox 360 owners who didn’t pick up the ZOE HD Collection will be able to check out the Metal Gear Rising demo next month on PSN and XBLA. Konami has announced that all regions will get to slash fools with Raiden next month. The Platinum Games developed action-adventure title will see seek revengeance on PS3 and Xbox 360 in February 2013.
Heard an interesting rumor today from an industry friend that Microsoft is set to reveal their next Xbox soon. How soon? Say, within the first 2 months of 2013. So if you’re excited to see what Durango is; you won’t have to be waiting long. Also, expect Sony to announce its next PlayStation before E3.
Do you love Lightning as much as Toriyama seems to? Probably not, but some of you do love her and want to see where exactly the convoluted plot of FFXIII will finally end. For that you’ll have to pick up the game, which is said to release later this year and also be the most “complete and polished game in the Final Fantasy series” according to Toriyama. We’ll see about that one…
Regardless, Toriyama is talking LR:
- In game time management will be one of the key systems to the title, with Lightning having 13 days to save the world. Each day will be approximately 1 - 2 hours in real time gameplay. Players can slow down and speed up the time flow by completing certain tasks such as defeating enemies and solving puzzles.
- The game title was not titiled Final Fantasy XIII-3 because the game will be unique enough to warrant a different name.
- It is not a direct evolution of XIII-2, instead it is a new experience. One focused more on action combat.
- XIII is Story Driven, XIII-2 is Player Driven, Lightning Returns is World Driven
- The world is constantly shifting and changing, with some drastic, bewildering changes in real-time.
- It gives a sense of time to players, such that the content may not always be there waiting for them
- Lightning’s decisions - whether it is defeating a monster or perform a miracle, can slow down or speed up time
- Players may not be able to experience everything the first time around, you can unlock new events in your next play-through.